Wednesday, July 25, 2007

One More Time

So I was Googling Windows Live™ searching my name this morning, and I came across this gem:
"Thurrottup finally fixed his comparison to accurately reflect the fact that Apple's pricing is, indeed cheaper."
Here we go again. Another Mac loser that doesn't know how to pronounce my name. It's pronounced "Thir-ROT", not "Thir-ROW". I realize the second pronunciation would be more French-like, and thus closer to perfection, but it's not. If you're going to criticize me, please get it right. It's one thing to spell my name wrong (something that happens a lot, obviously), but it's altogether different to make a bad joke that doesn't even make sense.

One more time: It's "Thir-ROT", as in "The thoroughly rotten Mac OS", not "Thir-ROW", as in "Row on down the river Hades to buy a copy of Vista". It's unclear to me how anyone can fail to understand this.

1 comment:

FMD said...

Got it. "ROT".